All Pigs Must Die - God Is War

 God Is War

“It was given out that the animals there practiced cannibalism, tortured one another with red-hot horseshoes, and had their females in common. This was what came of rebelling against the laws of Nature, Frederick and Pilkington said."
- George Orwell, Animal Farm, Ch. 4


The year is 2031, I have traveled many miles in my search of human contact. Many have fallen in the fight against them. This new being of animal. A much smarter one than the fluffy or edible one from my youth. I have found myself in the now barren wasteland once known as Massachusetts. There are bodies everywhere. Torn to shreds by what looks to be ravishing pigs. Severed heads and random body parts now fill this once people filled state. The smell of rotting human flesh is overwhelming. I must trek along and find human life. Armed with only my machete and a 12 gauge shotgun I roam in search of human life. After traveling what seems like for days I see a sign. It simply reads, “ALL PIGS MUST DIE!”. “People!”, I scream in my head as to not give attention to the animals near by. I follow along a path to a rural cabin. The once putrid smell of rotting flesh has now been overtaken by the smell of bacon. I enter the cabin....

Okay, so while All Pigs Must Die's latest album God Is War is probably not about animals taking over the world it's still one brutal as fuck album. All Pigs Must Die is a four piece punk metal hardcore powerviolence mash of sickness. All things I love in a band. This mixture of all that is musically awesome makes a sound almost like no other. I hybrid of music unlike anything I have heard in quite sometime.

We start thing off with “Death Dealer”. All Pigs Must Die instantly turn on the brutality. This is a very violent song. It flows seamlessly into the non stop rampage of a song entitled, “Pulverization”. Just as the title says it is pulverizing. It's a musical onslaught of blackened hardcore with a d-beat outer shell.

What? You're saying your neck can't withstand the constant headbanging. Well, God Is War does offer up some melodic riffage. For instance, the song “Third World Genocide” begins with an awesome drum beat that leads into some equally great guitar work. Soon though the rage begins as the vocals kick in a literally kick your head off in the process. Let the headbanging commence.

All Pigs Must Die are a band to look out for. You can really tell they love hardcore and brutal music. The combination of the many different styles of music give All Pigs Must Die a sound all there own.

Pick up your copy of God Is War. Oh, and keep a neck brace handy....you're gonna need it.

 All Pigs Must Die goes good with: Celtic Frost, Entombed, Nihilist, Negative Approach, Sodom, Darkthrone, Integrity, Leviathan, Burzum, Amebix, Samhain, Discharge, Napalm Death, Chuck Biscuits, Disfear, Craft, Watain, Carnivore, Motorhead, Venom, Harm's Way, Weekend Nachos, Wiccans

-Cicatriz




Comments

Unknown said…
You know that the "pigs" in "All Pigs Must Die" refers to police officers, right?